Türkiye is a member of European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC), which funds European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) Programmes since 1993. EMBO has various support programmes for the life scientists, doctoral students and researchers of the EMBC member states. EMBO Young Investigator Programme, which is one of these supports, selects best young researchers in life sciences in EMBC member states and offers them opportunities to make significant progress in their careers and expand their skills and scientific networks.
- Applicants must have been an independent group leader for at least one year and for less than four years,
- They must have an excellent track record,
- They must carry out research in the life sciences in an EMBC Member State, an Associate Member State or a Partner State,
- They must have sufficient funding to run their laboratory,
- They must have published at least one senior author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal from independent work carried out in their own laboratory,
- Applicants must be able to attend an online interview, on 21 or 22 November 2023.
- EMBO Young Investigators receive a financial award of 15,000 euros in their second year.
- They can also apply for additional small grants of up to 10,000 euros per year.
- Young Investigators benefit from extensive practical support, including: Networking, Access to EMBL Core Facilities and other supports.
Application and Selection
- Applications are accepted directly by EMBO in a two-stage process and must be submitted through an online system.
- The deadline for pre-applications is 01 April 2023, 12:00 CEST.
- The deadline for full applications is 12. July 2023.
- All invited candidates will be interviewed by the Young Investigator Committee on 21 or 22 November 2023.
Documents Required for the Application
- Synopsis of past work
- Outline of the planned research project
- Short summary of research
- Publication list and list of three best papers
- Three letters of reference
- List of grants and pending grant applications
- ORCID number
For the Young Investigator Programme page, please visit here.
Please refer to the Application Guideline before submitting your application.
To learn about the former grantees, please visit Young Investigator Database.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for your questions.