WHO CAN APPLY?
A. Principal investigator (PI)
Principal investigator (excluding retirees);
- In the case of University / Training and Research Hospital staff, he/she should be permanent staff of the organization proposing the Project, have a degree of doctorate / proficiency in art / specialty in medicine.
- In the case of working at the Research Institute / Station, he/she should be permanent staff of the institution proposing the Project, have a minimum four-year undergraduate degree from university.
- In the case of a doctorate / proficiency in art / medical specialty student, he/she should have obtained his doctorate qualification and apply for doctoral thesis accepted by the relevant Institute.
For doctorate / specialty in medicine / proficiency in art students, it is not necessary to be a permanent staff in the institution / organization where the project will be carried out.
The researchers should be working in universities, public institutions or private institutions,
- If they are University / Training and Research Hospital staff, they should have a degree of doctorate / proficiency in art / specialty in medicine or continue their doctorate/ proficiency in art / specialty in medicine education. It is required to work as a faculty member in order doctorate / specialty in medicine / proficiency in art students to participate as researchers in projects.
- If they work in public or private institutions, they must have 4 year undergraduate degree from university at least.
Principal investigator and researchers (except foreign researchers) should reside in Turkey. (Foreign researchers can be principal investigator or researcher in a project if they are working in an institution located in Turkey.)
Retirees who do not work in any organization can take part in the project team as PI and researcher. In order for the retirees to become PI, it is necessary them to get approval on that they can take part in the project from the senior authority of the institution / organization where the project will be carried out.
Thesis advisors of doctorate / proficiency in art / medical specialty students who apply for a project cannot take part in the project team as researchers.
Foreign researcher or foreign consultant cannot take part in projects under this program.
People working in TÜBİTAK Headquarters / Institutes cannot take part as PIs / researchers / consultants in the projects proposed under this program.
Individuals with a contribution rate of less than 10% in the project cannot work as researchers, but they can be consultant. In order for a project consultant (*) to take part, the project must have specific expertise or subjects and this issue should be justified in the project proposal. The number of consultants to take part in a project is limited to the number of subjects that require special expertise in that project.
Thesis advisors of doctorate / proficiency in art / medical specialty students who apply for a project can take part in the project team as consultants.
Undergraduate, graduate students (except for special students and prep students) and “Research Assistants” studying in higher education institutions in Turkey (in the TRNC for projects submitted from TRNC) and post-doc researchers can take part as scholar in projects.
Individuals who have already got a scholarship from BİDEB or other public institutions can get scholarship from the projects. However, the total amount of monthly scholarship from all sources (ARDEB, BİDEB, other public institutions) cannot exceed project monthly scholarship upper limits decided by Governing Board of TÜBİTAK for that year. It is not possible to be a scholar simultaneously in two different projects funded under any support program of TÜBİTAK.
The requirements to be an undergraduate scholar;
- Scholar should not work in any institution,
- Scholar should be 3rd or higher grade undergrad student in any higher education institution,
- Based on university grade system, cumulative grade point average (CGPA) (excluding prep) should be at least 2.50 over 4.00 or 65 over 100 or scholar should be in first 20% percentile in his/her department according to CGPA.
If the student fails the class, scholarship is stopped. At most, 4 undergrad scholars can take part in one project.
The requirements to be a post-doc researcher scholar;
- Scholar should have a PhD but not work in any institution/organization,
- Scholar should not have an academic title of associate professor or higher,
- There should not be over 7 years between the date of getting PhD and the last submission date of the relevant funding program.
The requirements for foreign graduate scholars;
- should be under 30 years old for MS students (**),
- should be under 35 years old for PhD students (**)
WHO CANNOT BE PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR?
The highest level managers of the public institutions/organizations, deputies and assistants of them (Rector, Vice Rector, Chief Physician, Deputy Chief Physician, Hospital Director, Minister, Deputy Minister, General Manager, Deputy General Manager, Provincial Director of National Education, etc.) cannot act as PI if they are still working in those positions during the application, but they can be researchers in 3 (***) projects at most.
TÜBİTAK ARDEB Governing Board and Advisory Board members cannot act as PI or consultant (****) if they are still working in those positions during the application, but they can be researchers in 3 (***) projects at most.
Conditions to Apply for ARDEB-BİDEB Programs simultaneously (Table)
Limits for taking part in projects (Table)
Short Term Projects are excluded from the limit of being able to take part in projects, however,
Within the scope of the Short Term program; one can take part simultaneously,
- as PI in two projects or
- as Researcher in four projects or
- as PI in one project and as a researcher in two projects.
(*) Consultant: researcher or expert whose knowledge is used for a secondary subject of project, requiring special expertise.
(**) As of the first day of application, the specified ages are not filled.
(***) International projects, 1000 and 1002 projects are not included in the specified quota.
(****)TÜBİTAK Governing Board and Advisory Board members can take part in projects applied to the calls under EU Framework Programs (calls where joint evaluation is carried out by international independent reviewers) as principal investigator, researcher or consultant.