- I will apply to the 3501 Program. In former applications, there were forms titled “Acceptance and Commitment Statements” (Kabul ve Taahhüt Beyanları) and “Right Ownership Declaration” (Hak Sahipliği Beyanı) signed by the project team and the authorized officials from the institution / organization where the project team work and sent in hard copy. In new applications, are these forms requested in hard copy?
No, since the e-signature process is used while the applications are submitted, applications are no longer required to be submitted in hard copy. When you start the e-signature process, requests are sent to the relevant people and the signing process of the forms is completed electronically.
- The 3501 project which I applied previously was returned without evaluating scientifically/ not supported as a result of scientific evaluation, can I apply with the same Project again?
You can apply with the same Project (except for the Special Reject-Özel Ret projects) by revising the Project in line with return letter/evaluation report
- Is there an upper limit for budget items? How much of the total budget I requested can be allocated for scholar/service/machine-equipment/ consumables/travel?
There is no upper limit for budget items but the balanced distribution of the total amount requested among the budget items should be provided. There is only upper limit for domestic and international travels except for field studies as 40.000 TL.
- When adding researchers to the project team in the Project Application System, is the contribution ratio and type of ownership the same as the status and ratio mentioned in the “Intellectual Property Rights Protocol” document? What is the difference between these expressions?
Contribution ratio to the project is information on how much of the work packages the researcher will contribute. Contribution of a researcher to work packages can be at least 10% and maximum 50%. The total contribution ratio of the researchers cannot exceed 100%.
Right ownership status entered in PBS indicates the ownership of the project team members on the application form of the project. When you complete the application steps of the Rights Ownership Declaration page that expresses the intellectual right of the content of the project application form, it is automatically created by the system and added to the files you will sign with e-signature.
The Intellectual Property Rights Protocol is regulated for the right ownerships of intellectual products likely to derive from the project. Due to the legislation, both the project team and the institution/organization where the project will be carried out may have rights on the project outputs. You are expected to decide on the status and ratio of this right ownership with this protocol (by contacting the executive organization).
- In how many 3501 projects and how many ARDEB projects can I be principal investigator (PI)/ researcher / consultant at the same time?
A person can be a PI at the same time in maximum one 3501 or PI in one 3501 project and researcher in two 3501 projects or researcher in four 3501 projects.
Within the scope of the support programs carried out by ARDEB (except for 1002 projects and international projects), one can be PI in three projects or PI in two projects and researcher in two projects, or PI in one project, researcher in four projects or researcher in six projects. The number of projects that a person takes part as a consultant is limited to six.
- Are my projects that are currently in the proposal phase (draft, approved, e-signature process completed) and / or whose evaluation process is ongoing are also accepted within the application limits?
Yes, these projects are also accepted within the application limits.
- Are my projects, whose final report has been submitted but the status has not changed as concluded yet, accepted within the application limits?
No, these projects are excluded from the application limits.
- While my project is under active applications in the "My Applications" menu in PBS, it is now seen under "Previous Applications". What does this mean?
In the active projects section, the projects whose deadlines have not yet passed and which you can make changes are listed. When the application period of the relevant period expires, the projects are transferred to the "Previous Applications" section in order to avoid intervention to the projects.
· Where can I follow the situation of my project?
You can follow the status of your project in the ARDEB Project Tasks menu in PBS. In addition, any positive or negative changes (return, support decision, rejection decision) regarding the status of your Project are sent to you by e-mail.
- I would like to add foreign researchers / consultants to my project, but there is no field in PBS where I can add the documents requested for these people in the Additional Files step?
When you add the person in question from the "Project Team (Proje Ekibi)" step on the application screen, the expert information form and the letter of participation regarding the foreign researcher are created by the system and you do not need to upload an additional document. In addition, it is expected that the person will approve the letter of participation upon sending a link to the foreign researcher via e-mail from application system.
Resumes related to foreign researchers / consultants are created by the system in line with the information entered to ARBİS. After adding the relevant people to the "Project Team", a field in the "Additional Files" step is also opened where detailed resumes can be loaded if desired.
- For the project application which we planned to submit within the scope of 3501 projects, we could not reach the application form at http://ardeb-pbs.tubitak.gov.tr . Will the application forms used in previous periods be valid for this year or will a new format be used?
Current application forms for the program can be accessed from the link below, and if the current forms are not used, the projects are returned without scientific evaluation.
- I applied with the same project proposal before, however my project was returned without scientific. In this case, will I fill in the "Project Proposal Modification Form" when applying for the new period?
You do not need to fill in the "Project Proposal Modification Form" for projects that have been returned due to their formal deficiencies (projects that have not been evaluated scientifically because of missing documents, etc.).
- Is it necessary to prepare a CV/resume for scholars?
No, it is not required.
- Are there any documents that I need to send in print after completing my electronic application?
No, since the applications are received by e-signature, there is no document that you need to send in print.
· No field was opened in the Project Application System for Intellectual Property Rights Protocol, Ethics Committee Approval document, Legal / Private Permit document, Support Letter and Proforma Invoices, do I need to send it by mail?
No, these documents do not need to be sent at the application stage. If it is decided to support your project, it is expected that the documents will be delivered to our Institution in full and in the desired format within the time given by the relevant Research Support Group. If the documents cannot be obtained within the time given, it will not be possible to implement the project.
- What are the conditions for being able to take role as a Panelist / remote reviewer in the Scientific Evaluation Process?
The prerequisite for being able to work as a “Panelist / remote reviewer” in the scientific evaluation processes of the projects submitted within the scope of the programs carried out by the Academic Research Funding Programs Directorate (ARDEB);
- Personal information,
- Scientific and technological fields of study ,
- Information under the R&D competence section
have to be entered to the TÜBİTAK-Researcher Information System (ARBİS) completely and updated.
In order to participate in ARDEB panels as a "Panelist / remote reviewer", the options under "Academic Research Funding Programs Directorate (ARDEB)" in the https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/tr/kullanici/gorevAlmaTercihi address of the ARBIS database should be marked.